My husband is bemused by my list making. When I announce, “I have a list”, his response is, “of course you do.”. I feel better when my life has structure. Besides I like planning, my planning may seem haphazard but there is a method to my madness.
So on the last day of January, here are my creative goals for 2019.
- Finish embellishing my Italian gown. I realize that has to wait until I get it back from SRJC
- Put cuffs on my camica and turn it in to the JC
- accessories for the Italian gown
- start planning a suffragette costume for 2020
- doublet for Harry using the “Modern Maker” book
- Venetians using MM
- Take apart and remake my blue Victorian dress
- Victorian chemise
- Californio camisa
- finish knitting mittens for my daughter
- knit scarf for A.C. (the one I made got stolen!)
- Change waistband on my son’s calzoneras to a more historical version
- Finish trimming my purple Dickens dress.
- Nicer bonnet for Dickens Fair to match blue dress
- plan pirate fest costumes
In addition to those things I want to learn to use my new embroidery machine. I’m not interested in monogramming or decorating towels which seem to be what a lot of people do.
Another goal for 2019 is to go through my clothes and figure out my style again. I’ll write more about that later.